Friday, August 26, 2016

Sexuality (my views)

Sexuality is a very big topic on a lot of peoples minds these days and let me shed a little light on how I see them. I really like the idea of the Kinsey scale. I see sexuality in these terms Heterosexual, Homosexual, Bisexual, Homoflexible, Heteroflexible, Pansexual. Now I assume most people are familiar with the first three of the terms BUT the last three are probably newer to most. Let me explain Homo/Heteroflexible- This term comes down to the fact that the person has an affiliation with one group but is not completely turned off by the other. Example me: I like men and women would I say 50/50 (bisexual) Nope doesn't fit me I lean more towards men I'd say about 80/20 split. Now some people will say that makes me Gay. Well to a degree it is not as black and white as everyone thinks. I say that I am homoflexible because the thought of sex with a woman does cause some arousal for me, is it something that I actively try and pursue no, but if the right woman did come around well then I would be interested in going for a relationship including sex with that woman. I think sexuality is one thing in life that may not be as solid as certain other things like Race. You don't choose your race and you don't choose your sexuality but I think for some people it is a fluid scale. There are periods of time where people "experiment" and that is fine. There are people who never want to go out side of their set way either Homo or hetero, but to say ALL people must fit in one of 3 boxes is BULLSHIT. I will have consensual legal sex with who ever I want, be it men,women,or transsexuals. I don't care I will do what I want and I won't let some label tell me who I can love and have sex with. And for the last term Pansexual, this is falling in love with the person no matter their gender or gender identity, they love the soul not the packaging is how I like to think about it. All of these are acceptable it doesn't have to be as cut and dry as gay or straight there are many different shades in the rainbow and we all need to learn how to accept that.  I think as long as sex takes place between 2 (maybe more) sane consensual adults let it go. Let your freak flag fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment