Sunday, September 11, 2016

WHEN

People say wait
People say not so fast
People say take it easy
People say all in good time

But when
When will it come
When will it arrive
When is the day I’ll get what I want

People say you’re trying to hard
People say it happens when you least expect
People say don’t pressure yourself
People say it’s funny how it works

But when
When will the man I want want me
When will he push me up against the wall and kiss me
When will we be entangled in bedsheets

People say one step at a time
People say enjoy the single life
People say it’s not all it’s cracked up to be
People say don’t force it

But when will I get my man who make me happy
When will I get him
When will he make me laugh or watch me cry
When will I get that partner that fills me up and keeps me going
I just want to know when
When can I stop going to functions alone
When can I just lean on him for support
When can it all work out.

When???

No comments:

Post a Comment